Friday, July 27, 2007

Living in the Hood

We love our little city neighborhood...but we do live in an urban area and crime always goes up when the economy is in the tank.

Here's what happened yesterday when I was home with Maren (who has an ear infection)...(sent to a couple of co-workers who knew I was at home)

Holy crap, on top of everything else, just helped stop a robbery.

Was about to take Maren into the yard when I hear talking a see a large guy on a mountain bike in our shared driveway. Have never seen him before and he looks out of place and neighbors are not home. He rides the bike to the end of the driveway where our neighbor two doors down is standing with her hands on her hips. I stick my head out of the porch and she sees me and says “Call 911. They’re trying to steal my son’s bike.” GOOD LORD. So, I call and am trying to describe the situation and I walk out the front door with phone, Maren on hip (looking like hell as always), and hand the 911 operator to my neighbor.

She describes the two guys who are now running down our street to Eastern. I am very clear to tell the operator that I am calling for 9XXReynard, not 8XX (us) so we are not repeat offenders.

1 comment:

Erinn said...

Oh Jana!! I had to stop my embargo of your blog, due to the HP7 comments, once I was alerted to your recent headline. It is a good thing you were home to help out. Thankfully everyone was safe. Did your neighbor’s get their bike back? Plus you now demonstrated you do know the proper use of 911 :)
BTW I am picking up HP7 tonight and will be able to discuss in a day or two.
Erinn