Monday, October 29, 2007

A Couple of Firsts!

Maren is growing and learning so fast, we can hardly believe it.

Last night she and John were watching a video about counting. The video got to number seven and she said "eight" without prompting. Surely a sign of genius!

For months when we ask her her name, she says "Me." She will name everyone else in the room, but call herself "Me." In the past few days when we ask her name, she has said something that sounds like "Mennen." Close enough for us! When I asked her if she wanted Mama or Maren to put on her coat this morning, she said "Me! Me! Mennen, Mennen."

Also this morning, we walked to my car and I opened the door next to her seat. As I was putting my purse in the front seat, she crawled up into her car seat with no assistance. Wow! I'm still stunned.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

yes, these days are a whirlwind of learning aren't they??!! Something Emma has learned recently is, "I want...(you fill in the blank)"

reminding her to say PLEASE and THANK-YOU seems never ending.

Erinn said...

It is amazing. Over the weekend I was holding a four-week old and a 16 month old at the same time and made the comment in just 15 months your go from a tiny baby to this active toddler. So much is learned in the few couple years of life. And at Maren’s age every day is a new adventure and a new learning experience. I love to watch that!