Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How much do I love Target?

Let me count the ways...

I love Target so much that I almost blogged about my love from the store parking lot (until I discovered the dialing device on my laptop wasn't working).

Let me explain.

Maren and I dodged the sickness bullet. I had an afternoon/evening of being feverish and achy, but that was it. Poor John bore the brunt of it. But, that one evening put me behind for the rest of the week. We had houseguests on Friday night, John's best friend Tim and his wife Stacey, who we all love to spend time visiting. On Saturday morning, I was helping to give a baby shower for my friend Audrey (see Audrey and Uwe blog on the right-hand side of our blog). BUT, I had not bought any of my required items for the shower and we had some stale Cheerios to feed four adults and one child for breakfast and lunch. Not good!

I snuck out of work a bit early (okay, all afternoon) on Friday and hit Target, my lifesaver. Did you know you could get pecan-crusted tilapia in the freezer aisle? Two kinds of hummus? Cereal? Ice cream? Lunch meat? And, black pants, size 24 months? PLUS pink m&ms for the shower (baby is a girl). I did the dance of joy in the freezer aisle!

The visit with Tim and Stacey was fun, the shower was fabulous, and thankfully we have two pairs of black pants for Maren, since that is all she wants to wear these days.

Whew! We relaxed on Sunday and John has now loaded all available pics for me to finally update and add some interest to this site.

No comments: