Tuesday, December 16, 2008

T is for Tea



Last Friday was Grandma Bunny's annual tea party. We were so busy refilling plates and washing cups and trying to keep Maren from eating her weight in cookies that we took no good pictures. The horror! 114 ladies in Talbots Christmas sweaters is a visual that needs to be captured. Here is one bad image from my cell phone - the only clear thing is Bunny's head just over Maren's, shown with one of her 8 or so cookies. At one point I said to her "No more cookies!" and she said "I'm not eating cookies, I'm eating mints!!," which she was.



We were tickled to have Cousin Luke visiting from Florida, who was traveling for his University of Central Florida admissions job. We put him to work frosting cookies, taking coats and washing dishes. At one point I said "Luke, you're sweating." He said "How could I not be? Nothing you have told me about this in 25 years has prepared me for it."

Maren's other quote of the weekend was "I want to have shiny hair like Cousin Luke." Made us laugh and she also asked all of us if we would like to have shiny hair, too.

No comments: