Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chatty Cathy Part 2

The daycare teachers have joked (and warned) us that once Maren starts talking, they will know everything that goes on in our house.

This morning, we had an urgent need for kleenex and had to bust into the bathroom where John was toweling off from the shower. We saw a quick flash of his behind and Maren said "Daddy naked, Daddy naked." Uh-oh.

We do lots of chasing her to "catch her." Now she thinks everything she sees is going to catch her. Both a dog and a bird that we saw on a walk in Hilton Head caused her concern. She has been asking "Dog catch me?" and "Bird catch me?" I tell her "No, Mommy will say 'Stop dog' it won't catch you." She says "No Daddy" or "Stop Daddy" when she is being chased.

John will say that I'm crazy, but I did tell her teachers this morning not to be alarmed if she said any of the above...although since there are no showers in the daycare room, I don't think it should be a problem. Her teachers got a big chuckle out of it.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

you'll catch up on Blogging...no worries, but I must admit I'm eager to see some photos.

And, Emma is following Maren close behind w/ the potty comments.