Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chatty Cathy

Maren is talking more and more in phrases and near sentences and very good at communicating what she wants (only occasionally with screams). She is also showing an increased interest in the potty, asking to sit on it ("Me potty") when clothed, and she likes to flush it and throw in toilet paper. On the last leg of our trip, from Detroit to GR last Friday, we were delayed on the runway. She was in her car seat (in the plane seat) next to me and said "Poopy, Mommy." "Yes, Maren," I said, ignoring her. 10 minutes later "Poopy, Mommy." I sniffed her. Yup, she was right. But, I couldn't change her as we were about to take off, and the airplane bathroom is small, so I decided I'd just change her when we landed. Well...we landed and the poor baby had an exploded diaper. Poop had shot up her back, wet all over, the car seat and her outfit totally trashed. Approximately 50 wipes later, she was relatively clean and in a new diaper...but I had not packed a spare outfit in the carry on for her. In 33 degree weather, she was wearing a hooded sweatshirt, new diaper, socks and shoes as we got into our friend Tina's car to drive home. Thankfully, the car was warm and we hustled her into our warm house with no ill effects. Quality parenting tips available here for free :).

No comments: