Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Plague, Again

It's been quite a week in the Gregg house, again sadly filled with sickness. John came home a week ago with an incredibly high fever (104) for an adult and that should have been our tip off to get him to a doctor immediately. We've learned our lesson! He didn't go to the doctor until Thursday, and was diagnosed with bronchitis/strep throat/sinusitis, a trifecta of misery.

Maren had a cold all week that seemed to get progressively worse. I took her to the doctor on Friday and he diagnosed a possible sinus infection, and cautioned me to wait to fill her prescription.

I succumbed late on Friday to what I thought might have been bronchitis or a sinus infection. Yesterday I went to urgent care and was told that I had the flu - the upper respiratory flu. I was kind of embarrassed, and also annoyed, since we'd all gotten flu shots in the fall. The doctor told me that this year they were finding the flu shot to only be 40% effective. Gee, thanks. With all of these germs floating around, I filled Maren's antibiotics prescription. Hopefully it will help her little body ward off anything worse than a sinus infection.

John said it was the worst he's felt in his adult life. I have to agree. I don't think I've felt this bad since I had a c-section when Maren was born. The body aches are the worst. Today is slightly better than yesterday, but probably because I was in bed all day yesterday, except for the trip to urgent care.

Hoping for good health along with the long delayed warm-up in the weather this week!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

girl, I hope you all feel better...our household is on the verge of a health meltdown and I'm hoping its not what you had!