Monday, March 10, 2008

Still breathing...

We solider on...Maren is rolling and rocking like she hasn't been ill at all. Her resiliency is amazing to me. As I lay on the bed on Saturday, thinking I would die, and she sat next to me asking "How you feeling, Mama? How you feeling?," I was filled with joy and sadness. Joy that we have such a caring and sweet little girl and sadness that I couldn't enjoy family time on the weekend. Oh the gift of health! And we have things that will pass in a few days. Another reminder to be grateful for the many good things we have every day.

Thank goodness that John was slightly better on Saturday, he did everything for Maren when I could barely lift my head off the pillow.

We are all slightly better every day, although I'm thinking that an afternoon nap will do us all some good.

No comments: